Yamas (cheers!) to Greece, Europe, and the gift that the last few months have been!
I went quite a few cool places, but I fell especially head over heels for these 10.
Was it the food or was it Megan Davey? Still TBD.
| || |
Yum. Yum. Yummmmmmmm.
4. Ten things I missed most
Little I wouldn't have given to be able to give a hug or boil the water for Hot Chocolate on a Wednesday!
5. Ten things I have a new appreciation for
Honestly how did kids survive study abroad before FaceTime and Google Maps...?
6. Ten Greek words I learned and actually used!
Honestly though, it's all still Greek to me.
7. Ten moments I’ll never ever ever forget
Unreal and unforgettable.
When in Greece... nap like the Greeks do.
Gre[ec]e is the Word... and other study abroad hits.
10/10 would recommend.
- It’s hard. Like - guys - sometimes, really hard. And this is important.
- You get to see so many things. Like a church that kinda looks like what I imagine as heaven.
- It gives you appreciation of new things and gratitude for old. Like spring flowers and cool ruins. Like new friends to share the salad bar and old ones that figure out how to work around a 7 hour time difference.
- You could meet some awesome people. Like #PinkLadies #squad.
- You learn a lot about yourself. Like that I probably don't belong in the middle of a huge city.
- "You never know where growth is going to come" --Stuart Greene. Like on the wrong train or in your heart.
- It's a great exercise in understanding about the lives of people who have moved or been displaced to an unfamiliar place with an unfamiliar language. Like, it's crazy to imagine their strength.
- It's good to remember what's really important (grades vs. that island trip), and makes you think about what education is. Like, the island always wins. Always.
- It's an opportunity you'll never have again. Like, seriously?! Four whole months?! YOLIGO. (You Only Live In Greece Once).
- I'd do it all over again. The good, bad, beautiful, ugly, fun, lonely, chaotic, simple, incredible, and full-of-Grace. Like, this is me recommending it right now. 10/10 (<-- hah. get it).